The Office of the Dean of Studies is responsible for many aspects of the academic lives of Vassar students. Associated offices include Fellowships and Pre-Health Advising and Accessibility and Educational Opportunity. The dean is responsible for the implementation of educational policies as they relate to students, and is the chair of the Committee on Fellowships, the Committee on Leaves and Privileges, the Committee on Student Records, the Academic Panel, and the Committee on Readmission.
The dean, the dean of first-year students, and the class advisors to sophomores and juniors work with students directly to address any issues that concern them; providing academic information; advice and counsel; help with such matters as registration, absence from class due to emergencies, and leaves of absence, as well as advise on resources available for students experiencing academic and personal difficulties.
The deans and class advisors work closely with faculty, the dean of student life and wellness, and numerous other offices in support of the academic mission of the college. Should you have any questions or concerns, or be experiencing any difficulties that interfere with your academic performance, please consult your dean or class advisor.
Debra M. Zeifman
- Dean of Studies, Advisor to the Class of 2020
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dean of First-Year Students, Advisor to the Class of 2023
- Email email@example.com
- Advisor to the Class of 2021
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisor to the Class of 2022
- Email email@example.com
- Assistant Dean of Studies, Co-Advisor to the Class of 2020
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org